Saturday, March 29, 2008

kerry the closer

The Cubs wrapped up spring training today and I decided to watch from the comforts of the couch in my guest bedroom (that means I watched the first inning and then fell asleep until the tail end of the eighth). My impeccable timing allowed me to witness Kerry Wood as the new Cubs closer.

Although he got himself into a little potential trouble with runners on 1st and 2nd, he barehanded a bouncer up the center and launched to 2nd to start a 1-6-3 double play and then proceeded to strike out the final batter. Let me just say that I love the confidence and I'm excited to see how Woody handles the regular season.

Opening day is Monday, till then I'm cheering on Davidson in the NCAA tourney to give my hopes of winning my bracket the chance I've been waiting for all my life since I filled out a my first bracket in middle school.

No comments: