Friday, April 4, 2008

green is whore-ish

In one episode of 'The Office', the ladies of Dunder Mifflin are instructed to prepare an impromptu party. Gathered around the planning table, they begin throwing out color theme suggestions. I believe Phyllis suggests green to which Angela retorts: "Green is whore-ish."

Today, my lawn is green. Bright green. Healthy green. Parts of it even need to be mowed already.

Could it be the Scott's product my dad provided, laden with stuff I can't pronounce and with warnings to keep pets and children off for 24 hours. I feel like I've sold out and plan to try all-natural corn gluten weed preventer and fertilizer in the future.

It's sad that doing the right thing costs so much more money. A bag of corn gluten weed prevent/fertilizer costs $26ish and Scott's costs around $13, plus the Scott's bag is HUGE and I need to buy 3-4 of the natural stuff just to feed my postage-stamp sized lawn.

So when you see my rich green lawn - remember, she's just trying to make it in this tough world anyway she can, even if she is a bit "whore-ish."

No comments: