Monday, April 21, 2008

sue city

Surely you were expecting the obligatory 420 post yesterday here on the Lot, but alas there were no real celebrations worth noting except another sweep of the Pirates by the hot-hitting Cubbies. However, 420 has become an easy way for me to remember my Aunt Sue's birthday which is today on 4/21.

My Aunt Sue turns 66 today. She is the second of four children to Grandma and Grandpa Puckett (my dad is the youngest and only boy). Aunt Sue has always been the best of the aunts to everybody in the family and its never more evident than on Christmas day when she rakes it in from every cousin, 1st, 2nd, nephew, niece, etc.

Aunt Sue (my dad calls her Sue Sue City Sue City Sue Sue) loves IU basketball and I remember when she drove me to Bob Knight basketball camp after my 8th grade year. She loves to read and works a second job as housekeeper at our church building, picking up all the dropped candy and wrappers of toddlers. She prefers Dancing With the Stars to American Idol and she recently took some fencing classes, kicking off a new found love of exercising. She's famous for her peanut butter cookies and has been a vegetarian long before it was cool.

Here's to Aunt Sue - happy birthday!

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Happy birthday Sue Sue City Sue City Sue Sue!